As visual artist, I use my phone a lot to save random images that I find interesting during the day. Since I own Android phone and Mac Pro, syncing can be a little tricky and it took me a while to figure it out. You certainly don’t want to just store all your precious images on dropbox where it can be erased easily with one click on different devices!
I posted here because I know many of you are looking for solution.
AUTOMATOR ACTION WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE NOTIFICATION SET FOR YOUR DROPBOX ON MAC.
1.Make sure ALL your automatic notification script is off on dropbox by going to System Preferences – Notifications – Dropbox
2.Create Folder Action with Automator app.
- Make New Folder Action
- Folder Action received files and folders added to — select your folder. IT WILL NOT DETECT SUBFOLDER.
- Select “Get Folder Contents” from the list on left.
- Select “Import Files into Photos”from the list on left.
- Save, name the script – mine says DropBox To Photo … don’t ask me why I used camelcase, I just did.
3.Make sure that the folder you want the Automator script applied has the script that you just wrote in effect.
- right-click your folder -> Services -> Folder Action Setup…
It should look like this – notice ENABLE FOLDER ACTIONS is checked.
That’s it! Now when dropbox automatically updates/upload your camera photos to your computer, Automator script should automatically import photos to PHOTOS app so that your photos are backed up!
Hope this was helpful.